Password protection is one of the features which is added to PDF documents while sharing sensitive data. This password security can be seen in many documents like aadhaar card, bank statements, billing notices, insurance company documents, e-books and many more. Appropriate password is to be added for accessing these protected documents. But, sometimes this useful security can make it difficult for you and as well as for others to access the file, especially when the password is unknown or forgotten. Therefore, in such cases the best solution will be is to delete PDF password protection from these files. Here, in this write-up, we have a reliable solution that can efficiently resolve the query.
How to Get Around PDF Password Protection Smartly?
SysTools Adobe PDF Unlocker Tool is a perfect utility to remove PDF password security from multiple PDF documents. With this software restriction like copy, edit, print, sign can be easily removed with the help of this software. The utility is smart enough to delete PDF password protection on any 128, 256 bit encrypted PDF document. Along with this, there are several other advantageous features of this software like:
- Enable 8 different PDF file permissions
- Remove known user-level password security
- Does not require Adobe Acrobat to remove PDF password protection
- Unsecure multiple Adobe files with business & enterprise license
- Compatible with all versions of Windows OS like 10 and above
Steps to Delete PDF Password Protection
- Install and launch PDF Unlocker on your system
- Click Browse to select a specific PDF file
- View the restrictions present in the PDF document
- Select the destination location by clicking the Browse button beside the field
- Click Unlock PDF button and enter the password (document-open)
- The software will remove password & restrictions from PDF file.
- Once the restrictions are removed, a notification message will appear on the screen confirming the same
- Click OK to finish the process.
Do Mac Version of the Software Exist?
Yes, of course, this tool is also available for Mac users. The Mac version of the utility provides Add File(s) / Folder(s) option to insert multiple PDF documents. Like Windows, the Mac version can also remove PDF password protection in batch. All the restrictions like copy, edit, comment, sign can be removed by using this software. AES & RC4 128 & 192-bit encryption can be removed by this tool. The utility can be run on Mac OS 10.8 and versions too. After completing the process to delete PDF password protection the software generates a report having all unlocked PDF files and export report. This report is in CSV file format containing all the PDF file unlocking status. It includes file name, path, process completion status, failure status, etc.
How Software Remove PDF Password Protection on Mac?
Follow the steps given below & remove password security from PDF documents:
- Download and Run Mac PDF Unlocker Tool
- Click on Add Files or Add Folders option
- Enter the password if present in the file
- Select destination location to save unlocked PDF
- Click the Unlock button to start the process
- Click on View Report option to view export report & password-free PDFs
Is it Possible to Remove PDF Password in Adobe Reader DC
No, Adobe Reader DC can be only used to view PDF documents. It cannot be used to remove password from PDF files. But if the user wants to remove PDF password security then they must have the full version of Adobe Acrobat Pro. This Acrobat Program provides a feature to add and remove password security from PDF files.
Sometimes it becomes very necessary to delete PDF password protection so that file can be easily shared and opened without entering the password. Also, users can’t remember these complex passwords all time. Therefore, in such cases, the best solution is to remove PDF password protection. For that here, we have mentioned a perfect program i.e. SysTools PDF Unlocker. This tool can be used either on Windows or in Mac operating systems.