Cloud storage has been everyone’s favourite for so long and has been prevalent in the market for ages now. But there are so many internal classifications to cloud storage now. Each classification has setup its foot in the market with thousands and millions of user base. Small organizations which were establishing start-up once have now become huge enterprises or multinational organizations. These all have quite a big financing and thus prefer to go for dedicated cloud storage services as it is meant to improve security, enhance the performance, and boosts efficiency.
The flexibility of cloud hosting is not a solution for many critical applications. In between all these many enterprises started shifting back to their on premise data storage due to losing trust in cloud storage services for a longer period. This would be counted as the biggest failure of cloud computing as well as cloud storage. But then came the Hybrid cloud in the picture. Seeing this large shift of the enterprises, many IT giants took it as a hint and started packing up their services also from any other type of cloud storage. All the small, medium or large cloud hosting providers came up with hybrid cloud hosting packages for their clients. And with this cloud solution again became the fore front runner of so many companies. With changing times, the number of small businesses is exponentially increasing and all of them are keen to explore the benefits of a hybrid cloud hosting solution. But before getting into the benefit of this outstanding cloud service, let’s get to know about it –
What is Hybrid cloud hosting?
Hybrid cloud hosting dangles perfectly between public and private cloud solutions. It uses parts of both the computing environment i.e. public and private cloud and thus it from here it got its name as a hybrid. The businesses can shift from public or private cloud to the hybrid cloud environment as and when depending on the requirement. The orchestration among the platform is so smooth that makes its major competency. The data centers are designed in such a way that brings the combination of public, private as well as on premise computing. All these environments amalgamate internally and focus on meeting all the customer needs simultaneously. Thus the application can enjoy the services of both public and private clouds on a single platform. The ultimate goal of an ideal hybrid cloud hosting is to combine services and data from multiple cloud models and then create a modified and automated hosting environment. The hybrid cloud gave a better and more elaborative definition to the technology of the cloud.
Any environment to be declared as a hybrid cloud needs to fall under these categories-
- When a company uses any public development platform and data is transferred between private cloud and data center resources.
- If your company also works among multiple SaaS applications and data moves between private and cloud to data center resources.
- When your business also has to be in touch with multiple and cross dimensionally working enterprises.
|Private Cloud||Public Cloud||Hybrid Cloud|
|A deployment model that operates solely for a single organization.||A deployment model that renders services over a network for public use.||A composition of private and public clouds that offer benefits of multiple deployment models|
|Offers most security||Less secure||More secure than public cloud|
|Offers services to an organisation||Offers services to the general public||Offers services of both private and public cloud as it is a combination of both|
|Not very scalable because it can be scaled only with the capacity of internal hosted resources.||Highly scalable i.e. it can be scaled up or don depending on the requirements||Provides scalability according to the public cloud scalability and private cloud scalability in it.|
|More expensive||Requires a minimum cost||Cost-effective than private cloud|
Benefits of hybrid cloud hosting environment-
Comprising all the good features of both the private and public cloud environment, the hybrid cloud brings plenty of the benefits on the table-
- Strengthened security– Company owners and developers doubt the security part always when it comes to hosting their databases overcloud. But with the advent of hybrid cloud, all these doubts have been taken of. The users hosted on the hybrid cloud are allowed to choose their servers and network devices. Dedicated server hosting provides the same kind of leverage. A hybrid cloud environment ensures that they have the same quality of security as promised by any private cloud architecture. But this strengthened security does not put bars to the communication between distinct solutions. Cross dimensional communication and transparency is what the real essence of hybrid cloud hosting.
- Cloud bursting– The best part of the hybrid cloud is the kind of flexibility it renders to the applications. Traffic or demand spikes very invariably with most of the applications. Hence hybrid cloud came up with this solution to meet these spikes exactly the same way they demand. When the demand or traffic is very high, databases shift to private cloud and as soon as these variables get moderate they can shift back to the public cloud. This shift of the application resources from public to private or vice versa is only known as cloud bursting. But there might be some questions arising related to costs. So let me ease you by telling you that this level of flexibility provided by the hybrid cloud is no luxury service. They come at very affordable packages and if you are not satisfied with the services then you can any time retrieve. The quality of service and freedom with the resources that the hybrid cloud provides cannot be expected from any other cloud technology.
- Improved control over Big Data– Big Data is an integral part of so many companies these days. All they ask for is more authority over their business. It looks like a hybrid cloud solution was customized for such companies. With the hybrid cloud, not only they can serve their customers also they can assist their employees in a better way. The high computational power and scalability of a hybrid cloud bring all these features to the table. The security of the data is always kept at priority.
- Economical and improved customer satisfaction– In spite of providing exceptional benefits, a hybrid cloud solution is economical and can be considered best when it comes to ROI. The organizations which could afford more than public cloud service but are not ready to move into a dedicated cloud environment, hybrid cloud is the best-balanced service where they can enjoy both the services under budget. The hybrid cloud environment has redefined customer satisfaction and has the power to reshape your business too.
This entire put together makes a hybrid cloud solution to a tremendous cloud environment. It is so well crafted that your whole organization can shine out of a single platform and take up to a future which we have not imagined for our company.